Artist. Mystic. Tantrika.
I am a living miracle.
In 2012 I received a death sentence. Terminal cancer had spread to my brain. I would have died except for the devotion of my beloved and a deep commitment to do whatever it took to give me the chance to one day live life the way I wanted: vibrantly, authentcally, vulnerably.
Nothing is the same. I changed everything: the way I eat, dress, move, think, and feel. It was change or die.
I learned a hell of a lot along the way. I speak to share my story. If I can change and live life full-on and out loud, so can you.
My first book about how I began to reclaim my Wild Goddesshood, Magical Goddess: A 28 Day Journey to Invoke Your Inner Wild Goddess and Reclaim a Juicy Life, was self-published earlier this year.
As part of my healing, I embraced my true nature. I am an artist. I paint the essence of Woman — the beauty, the love, and the power. I paint women the way they want to see themselves, the way they know deep down they already are.
I use my superpowers to see into a woman’s soul — her inner goddess — and bring it to life with paint on canvas. It’s a shamanic process. Deeply intimate. Stunningly powerful.
I’m kicking Stage 4 cancer.
On July 28, 2012, doctors told me I had only a few months to live. Stage 4 metastatic melanoma. It’s in your brain, they said, shaking their heads sadly and sending me home to die.
They didn’t know who they were dealing with.
Healing a body and mind from near-death is no cakewalk. Weakened and close to death, many days all I could do was lie on the bathroom floor, sobbing from pain and hopelessness. I knew that if I wanted to live I had to do three things:
HEAL my emotional patterns and blocks.
Carve new pathways to SPIRIT.
Discover my dharma, my life’s PURPOSE.
And to do these three things, first I had to decide — once and for all — whether or not I really wanted to live. My mind had been sending death thoughts to my body for a long time.
Fast forward through the hardest year of my life. But I was far from alone. I would not be here if my beloved was not bound and determined to save me, and to break rules and make his own cancer-healing rules if need be. We had to break rules. Take my life into our own hands. Become warriors like never before.[My beloved Kahuna took all that we learned and added to it and is now devoting his life to helping people with cancer. If you or a loved one has cancer, he can help you beat cancer, regain your health, and uncover your life purpose.]
While I was still living after months of juicing and coffee enemas and home IVs and research, I wasn’t yet alive. Something still had to change.
Tantra (and a lot of hard work and out-of-the-box know-how) saved my life.
Through tantra I discovered that being in a body is meant to be playful, juicy, fun, and connecting. Through tantra I rewired old neural pathways and rediscovered my deep soul connection to Spirit. Through tantra I discovered a community of awake and alive women and men who are changing the world, both inside themselves and out. Tantra was my portal to truly becoming the Wild Goddess that was inside me all along.
What makes me tick?
I’ve been through some hard, oh-so-human stuff. Nearly dying. Marriages and tough relationships. Mothering my children from 3000 miles away. Self-criticism. Learning to love the beauty of what I once thought was ugly inside me is the path to real compassion. (PS. You’re beautiful, too.)
Learning is the bomb! I am always looking for the why. This world is so cool, how can I not be curious about it? Bonus: I know about a ton of stuff, and I’m always on the lookout for more.
Real courage is doing the hard stuff day after day after day. Courage is looking your deepest fears in the eye and telling them they’re not the boss of you. Courage is tirelessly working to be MORE of who you are, every single damn day. You have it. I see it in you.
I believe in limitless possibilities. I’ve seen and experienced some incredible things. My gift to tap into limitlessness helps you give voice to your own sense of possibility. At the same time, I’m exploring — deeply — what it is to be human. I believe we find our divinity when we truly look into ourselves and one other.
Tireless Drive For Authenticity
I turned 50 last year and am just now discovering the freedom that comes from being authentic. I won’t stop until I get it right. Even though it sometimes scares the shit out of me.
A sprinkling of sparkly spiritual experiences!
Moments when everything fell away and I knew capital-T Truth.
- 45 minutes experiencing — on every level — the absolute oneness of everything: fence posts; my car’s steering wheel; other drivers. Incredible.
- Two weeks of utter bliss, happiness, peace, and wonderment following a rebirthing session in which I received messages from my dead friend Chris, my dead boss Bob, and dead John Lennon.
- All-night dark-night-of-the-soul plunge during a 10-day Vipassana meditation retreat — woke up to find out the world had changed.
- Traveling through time and space to 20,000 years ago while standing still in an urban forest portal in Vancouver BC.
- Tripping on shrooms while lying on my bed at age 16, windows flung open, and breathing with my front-yard trees all night. My one-and-only psychedelic experience.
- Hiking Stimpson Nature Reserve in Bellingham WA and hearing the voices of my inner guidance tell me what would happen in the next several months of my life. I did not believe them about the cancer.
- Taking 200+ of my closest Facebook friends into the Gamma Knife machine with me the day I had lasers pointed at tumors in my brain. Transcendent. and whoa, baby, the healing! You people are powerful magics.
Things you might not believe about me
Quirky AND true!
- Although I was an honors student, I almost didn’t graduate from high school because I was too shy to walk into a class late and face a roomful of near-strangers looking at me.
- At 15, I devoured personal development and self-help books, sure that I was destined to become the Next Big Multi-Level Marketing Star.
- While I was robbed at gunpoint at age 16, I couldn’t help but be snarky to the robber.
- The Real Me is a cross between my Facebook and my Pinterest. Go! Friend me now!
- I used to think feeling juicy and alive and loving my body through practices like yoga, tantra, and super-clean eating were for Other People.
Thanks for being here. I adore you.
Have a burning question? Want more info? Shoot me a message. I’d love to hear from you.
I wrote a book!
Magical Goddess: A 28-Day Journey to Invoke Your Wild Goddess and Reclaim a Juicy Life
Want to know more? Click here to instantly download your copy and begin your journey to a sexier, more intuitive, wilder you.
Hugs and gratitude, Talyaa