28 years ☉ 4 kids ☉ 1 special needs ☉ 750,000+ published words
Wait, what? Guru? What’s the problem I am solving?
28 years ago I had a baby. I was 20 years old. I wanted to be the best mom I could. So I read books. Consulted with experts. And I always felt like I was doing it wrong.
Fast-forward to now. Three more kids later + a ton of life experience, and I see the problem. I see the problem in almost every mother I know.
Women want to be good mothers, but…
Women forget their own brilliance, so…
Women turn to experts, and…
Women think they are doing motherhood wrong
My job is to help you remember your
☛So you can rock your motherhood thing☚
Women wanting to rock motherhood:
- Often feel guilty about their choices
- Feel overwhelmed by the struggle to make the right parenting choices
- Feel stressed or harried through the day with their children
- Wonder if they are a good mother
- Feel isolated and alone
- Fight to get their children to eat, to bed, or out the door
- Wish that mothering was way easier
- Want to really enjoy their kids
What makes me a motherhood expert? Well, I…
- Wrote 1500+ parenting articles, posts, and columns at: Babble, Literary Mama, Work It, Mom, and Imperfect Parent.
- Read more than 60 parenting books + spent hours researching online
- Stay-at-home mom 12 years
- Working mom 10+ years
- Studied + employed dozens of parenting philosophies
- Kid with Down syndrome = fast-track to special needs expert
- Waldorf + homeschooling thru 5th grade
- Mapped out new relationship with my children after moving 3000 miles away
- ABC 20/20 is doing a story on my life as mother-from-afar — to air soon
- Freed myself from old patterns of self-sacrifice and over-parenting
- Intense study of 8 styles of traditional martial arts to learn about self-empowerment, boundaries + anger/aggression
- Healed deep, old emotional wounds from bad childhood parenting + abusive marriage
- Relationship with soulmate, who embraces his divine masculine + honors my divine feminine = together we work through conflict to greater intimacy
28 years in the mommy biz
(Areas I can be your resource for)
Natural Family Parenting /Attachment Parenting (pro and con)
- Co sleeping
- Vaccination questions
- Down syndrome
- Sibling stuff
- Non-Violent Communication (NVC) for kids
- Treating children as sovereign and wise beings
Education – academia + non traditional choices
- Study abroad
Nutrition + food
- Whole foods eating
- Sally Fallon
- Gluten-free/autism diet
- How to get your toddler out the door
- Picky eaters
- Getting kids to help out
Books, toys, games
- Natural, creative toys
- Books you’ve never heard of
- Classic toys
Parenting styles – info about paths + help choosing what path to take
- Attachment Parenting
- Natural Family Parenting
- French bebe
- Tiger Mother
Here’s what you get from this work
Confidence — about who you are as a mother
- Stop spending money on parenting books
- Be the mom that other moms come to for help
- Have people ask you, “How did you get your kids to do THAT?”
Tools — things you can use now to make life better
- Make bedtime, mealtime, naptime easier and more fun
- Know what to do when a tantrum erupts
- Entertain your kid easily on airplanes, buses, standing in line
- Be able to eat out — with your kids
Self-awareness — know who you are
- Stop wondering if you are turning into your mother
- Know what kind of mother you are
- Find your mothering tribe
Communication skills — know what to say and when
- Say less but with way more effect
- Talk about your feelings easily and effectively
- Stop wondering if your kids tune you out
Better relationship with your family — sparkly rainbow unicorns descend on your house!
- Your kids like you + your partner likes you
- Everyone is prettier and birds sing more
- Less yelling, more hugs
More time to do the things you really want to do —
You + Me = Creative Mothering Solutions
I do a lot, but it boils down to this:
- Clarify the areas you want to work on
- Nuts-and-bolts solutions
- Woo-woo info on your family dynamics
- Coaching on communication issues
- Listen deeply to your story
- Creative resources tailored to your style
Yup, there’s homework — it might look like this:
- Answer questions
- Interview family members
- Make changes to schedule
- Cook different foods
- Carve out more “me” time
- Have a family meeting
The when, where, and how:
- Meet on the phone or in person (Seattle)
- Initial session is a 75-minute assessment to map out your plan
- 60 minute regular sessions
- Minimum 3 sessions for most effective change!
- Meet weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, based on assessment
Great! I’m in! How do I sign up?
1. Click the button and pay.
2. Await the fairies and elves in your inbox (you DID know about them?) to arrive with next-steps & scheduling from me.
(A few words about woo-woo)
I am all over matters of the spirit. The sacred is my ‘hood, the world I walk in, and I have a strong belief that personal spirituality — however that looks — helps us find meaning and connection in our lives. The sacred world helps make life worth living.
Maybe some of the spiritual tools I use in my work aren’t your cup of tea. No problem. Maybe you don’t believe in distance healing, or shamanism. No problem. Maybe it’s not your thing to talk about chakras or unseen dead dudes who deliver messages. No problem.
I am passionate about the sacred world. I’ve studied and worked with many spiritual paths from all over. I believe there are an infinite number of ways to talk about matters of the spirit — and not one of them is The Answer. So yeah, I’ve studied spirituality and I’ve worked in the sacred world a long time, but I am far from having the answers.
If it works for you, our work together might include matters of the spirit. We’ll include it in the way it works for you. And if not, no worries. Let me know and we’ll roll however you roll.
Because that’s how I roll.